Tenor AS VoIP MultiPath Switch
Intelligent VoIP Access Solutions for remote offices and SOHO environments
The Tenor VoIP MultiPath Switch Offers a Robust VoIP Switching Solution For Remote Offices and SOHO Environments
• 2 or 4 Analog line and trunk interfaces
• Up to 4 simultaneous VoIP calls
• Available in MultiPath or Gateway configurations
• Support for external Quintum Tenor Monitor
• Support for external Remote Management Session Server *
* Available for an additional cost
Quintum's Tenor switching/gateway solutions are deployed worldwide to provide highly reliable, easy-to-implement VoIP connectivity in a full range of enterprise and service provider environments. These highly adaptable solutions work with traditional PBXs, legacy analog equipment, IP PBXs and IP phones, IVR and ACD systems, RADIUS servers, and other critical components of end-to-end H.323- and SIP-based communications environments. They are perfect for deploying VoIP in small enterprises, SOHO or remote offices of larger enterprises, where analog and modem-based devices are common.
Both versions of Tenor still include the features that made Quintum the VoIP market value leader.
• MultiPath architecture for easy integration with existing voice and data infrastructure, meaning little or no re-programming of the PBX, or upgrades are required and no need for special dialing plans.
• Transparent MultiPath Call Routing to intelligently route calls between the PBX, the PSTN, and the IP network to achieve the best combination of cost and quality. The Tenor can also route calls over IP to reduce costs, and then transparently "hop off" to the PSTN, to reach off-net locations.
• PacketSaver™ Technology multiplexing to reduce bandwidth consumption by up to 57% by combining voice packets from multiple calls into a single packet.
• Universal Dial Plan that provides a programmable dial plan so Tenor to be integrated into any network environment. • NATAccess™ to allow Tenor to operate behind NAT firewalls to translate internal IP addresses into public addresses when a VoIP call is established with an outside party.
• Remote Management for anywhere, anytime remote management even behind NAT firewalls with Quintum's Remote Management Session Server.
Tenor and Tenor S now assure that VoIP can be deployed easily in existing voice and data networks, offering unmatched voice quality and survivability, network-wide scalability, and easy, secure remote management for installation, configuration, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair. All this adds up to lower TCO than any other VoIP solution on the market!
TENOR AS SERIES SPECIFICATIONS
CALL MANAGEMENT FEATURES
• Automatic call type detection: Voice/Modem/Fax
• Answer and Disconnect Supervision
• Trunk group support
• Public and private dial plan support
• User programmable dial plan support
• Forced IP routing and IP port mapping
• Pass-through support for calls to Toll-Free, local and special service numbers (i.e., emergency services)
• Automatic appending and stripping of digits to dialed numbers
• Call Detail Records
• Least cost routing with external Quintum VoIP Call Routing Server
• Type I Caller ID Name support (Telcordia, ETSI, NTT and DTMF)
• Voice algorithms: G.723.1a, G.729ab, G.711
• Auto codec negotiation
• Fax Support: Group III at 2.4, 4.8, 7.2, 9.6, 14.4 Kbps, using industry standard T.38; Super G3 compatible up to 33.6 Kbps
• Modem over IP
• Choice of 2 or 4 FXS and/or FXO configurations
• Standard RJ-11 connectors
• Loop Start, Reverse Battery, Battery Disconnect
• Maximum Call Rate: 900 calls/hour
IP Network Specifications
• LAN Interface: Fast Ethernet port (10/100 Base-T)
• Standard RJ-45 Interface (IEEE 802.3) for 10 Base-T or 100 Base-T connections
• DHCP Client
• QoS Support: IP TOS, DiffServ
• Coding: A law, μ law
• Enhanced (Carrier Grade) Echo Cancellation: ITU Rec. G168, up to 128 msec tailsize
VoIP Network Specifications
• H.323 v.3 Gateway and Integrated Gatekeeper
• SIP User Agent (RFC3261 compliant endpoint)
• SIP Back-to-back User Agent (B2BUA) *
• SIP RFC2833 for DTMF signaling
• SIP Refer Method support
• IVR/RADIUS server support for AAA with integrated multilingual IVR
• Adaptive Voice Activity Detection (VAD) with Comfort Noise Generation (CNG)
• Adaptive Jitter Buffer
• Packet Loss Compensation
• Security: IP Filtering
• Up to 4 simultaneous VoIP calls
Configuration / Management
• Quintum Tenor Configuration Manager (GUI) for configuration of remote individual Tenors
• Quintum Tenor Monitor (GUI) for alarm monitoring, call monitoring and CDR monitoring
• SNMP-v2 Agent
• Command Line Interface
Dimensions: 1U High Chassis
W 10 1 /8" x H 2" x D 7"
W 24.5cm x H 5.1cm x D 18.73cm
• Maximum weight: 3.5lbs. (1.6kg)
• AC Power: 100-240 Volts AC, 50/60 Hz, 35 watts
• Operating temperature: 40° - 104° F (5° - 40° C)
• Operating humidity: 10% - 90% non-condensing
• Telco: FCC Part 68, AS/NZ 3260: 1997: AS/ACIFS002:2001
• EMC: FCC Part 15 Class B
• Safety: UL, 1950, ACA TS001:1997
* Quintum product purchased separately.
** Not supported in initial software release.