ITSP representing Internet Telephony Service Provision.
Complete VoIP-based Internet Telephony Service Provision Solutions for Voice and Real Time Fax Communication in a Service Platform that supports an extensive range of full-featured, highly profitable VoIP services.
Provides real time web-based management facility accessible from a browser anywhere on the Internet with 4 levels of secured access control.
4-Levels of detailed Billing and Call Accounting in a Hierarchy Arrangement or a Food Chain Arrangement.
All facilities for an expeditious start up of ITSP business for providing Reliable, High-Quality, Low-Cost Call Termination/Completion Service to any Telephone Directory Number anywhere, Fixed Line or Mobile, for Users of Fixed Line or Mobile (Cellular) Telephones.
Service Platform Requirement
The service platform consists of QiiQ Communications Inc.'s Q-Regime, Q-Bill-R and Q-Manager Server as an integrated system that is the core system on which various software modules and/or servers can be added to build and support other high-demand, profitable services.
Core Services supported by the integrated service platform
The core services are
- LCR (Least-Cost-Routing)-based soft-switching and billing for VoIP traffic originating from any H323-compliant or SIP-compliant endpoints (Gateways or IP Phones or softphones) to any H323-compliant or SIP-compliant endpoints; including end-points that are behind NAT on a private IP network
- Prepaid Calling Card service that works with any H323-compliant or SIP-compliant endpoints
- Post-paid service for corporation and individual in PIN (Personal Identification Number)-based or PIN-less operation based on authentication by ANI (Automatic Number Identification)
- Two levels of Resellers below the ITSP in a food-chain arrangement offering granular definition of Buy Rates and Sell Rates for each city/country dialcode and secured access for each level from a browser anywhere on the Internet; this feature enables the ITSP to leverage the power of multi-level marketing in a controlled fashion for rapid business growth with minimal marketing expenditure.
- Postpaid and or prepaid calling card billing per IP address (of a gateway), per prepaid calling card, and per account - thus enabling the ITSP to offer billable services to carriers, resellers and end-users who may be corporate or residential.
Enhanced Services supported by the integrated service platform
- Currently the enhanced services that are supported by the integrated service platform include:
- Q-MXU solution/service - a comprehensive service designed for enterprises large and small
- Q-CallShop service - an ASP modelled service that operates within the Microsoft .NET framework to offer powerful operation and management functions and virtually unlimited expansibility to Call Shops at extremely low-cost per phonebooth
- Ecofone service - a PC to Phone service with extraordinary functional features for use on the desktops of corporation behind the corporate firewall on the LAN. Ecofone is available in H323-compliant or SIP-compliant versions and may be delivered as a Plug-in or a down-loadable or portable file of about 80 KBytes (version that supports G.723.1) or 240 KBytes (version that supports both G.723.1 and G.729ab) - extremely small and efficient
- Q-CallBack services - an extensive range of VoIP-based CallBack services and various other specialty services designed to meet customers requirement.
Outstanding Functional Features of the integrated service platform
Of the Q-Regime Component
- Q-Regime is designed with architecture and functionality that support
- ITSP selling call termination services through multiple-levels of resellers either facility-based or non-facility-based
- ITSP specialized in selling to Residential Markets – using Calling Line Number (CLI) for authentication
- ITSP specialized in selling to Enterprise Markets (corporations) – using CLI for authentication and working with private IP addresses
- VoIP-based Call Back Call Operation
- In-country access through Local Access Number or Toll-Free Access Number – working with DNIS (Dialed Number Identification Service)
- Q-Regime is designed with architecture and functionality that supports multiple carriers for call routing to a city/country dial code with selection by Least Cost Routing according to certain rules such as Day and Time, Network Condition Parameters, and Service Level Agreement
- Q-Regime is designed with architecture and functionality that support real-time monitoring of the operation of gateways and their port status
- Q-Regime has proven reliable, stable performance in peak-load operation
- Q-Regime is priced to be affordable to all ITSP, large and small, with small threshold/start-up cost and low license fee per incremental capacity for concurrent VoIP call session (conversation)
Of the Q-Bill-R component
- Billing Software designed specially for use with Q-Regime, Quintum Tenor and Cisco VoIP Gateways and other VoIP gateways that have built-in RADIUS client for generating RADIUS-compliant messages for Authentication, Authorization & Accounting
- An affordable, effective, full-featured Billing System for Call Accounting, Post-paid Billing, Prepaid Billing, Prepaid Calling Card Operation, and Inter-gateway Billing
- Incorporating multilevel billing capability to enable ITSP to offer services to end-users through 2-3 levels of resellers, each of whom is able to set its Sell Rates with complete billing and invoicing
- Billing can be per IP address, per prepaid calling card, and per account
Of the Q-Manager component
- Providing web-based services for Installation, Configuration, Management and Monitoring of Q-Regime, Q-IVR, Q-Bill-R functions and relative services
- ITSP, ITSP's Resellers, ITSP's Resellers' Resellers and the End-Users are each assigned certain privileges to have password protected access to certain webpages and/or certain fields
- Q-Manager is a management tool offering facility to 4 levels of users meeting the requirement of each level for
- initial set-up
- changes afterwards
- loading/generation/processing of data
- reports generation
- billing and invoicing capability
- monitoring of VoIP gateways and the operation status of their ports
- ability to bill for services or privilege of access by one level of user to/against the level/levels below it
- Q-Manager is also a revenue generation tool enabling each level of the hierarchy of users to bill the reseller/end-user at the level below it for various kinds of available services according to the capacity or frequency required by the users/subscribers to access the services. Billing may be in a one-time payment or monthly recurring formats. Chargeable items include web access sessions, monitor lines, creation of rate tables, creation of user accounts and gateway accounts, invoice generation, CDR generation, DID numbers, 800 numbers, surcharge operation, call shop booths, and setup fee.
- The entire operation is web-based: the ITSP and resellers can manage and monitor the operation of their gateways and billing servers from anywhere on the Internet. Freedom and mobility is what you can have with Q-Manager over and above all the powerful functions for control and operation.
Beyond the supply of a versatile full-featured core service platform/solution
QiiQ manages the entire project from feasibility study to commissioning the service platform and relative network for commercial production. Beyond these, QiiQ in collaboration with Ecocarrier Inc. high-quality, reliable call termination service at competitive rates.
The one-stop-shopping facility provided by QiiQ/Ecocarrier enables you as an ITSP to achieve the fastest start-up of business in an effective and efficient operation that does not present you with surprises of unexpected costs and delays.
The compelling value proposition that QiiQ/Ecocarrier offers is
- Extensive industry knowledge and carrier operation experience of the VoIP industry for system and network design
- Supply of complete solution including the core service platform and the VoIP endpoint devices
- Reliable, high-quality call termination service at competitive rates for call completion to A-Z destinations using multiple carrier contracts and 7x24 network operation support
- Highly skilled engineering team to support the service platform and network of gateways and IP Phones for on-going maintenance and features enhancement for additional/new revenue streams to you as the ITSP
Support of a complete range of VoIP endpoint devices and relative network infrastructure equipment
- an extensive range of IP Phones catering to all kinds of user situation for Internet access including
- H323-compliant IP phone for use with DSL line or Cable network
- H323-compliant IP Phone with built-in 56K modem for dial up access to the local ISP
- SIP-compliant IP Phone for use with IP Centrex service
- Wireless IP Phone for use with WiFi Access Point in HotSpot application
- VoIP gateways and gateway/switches catering to capacity of 2 ports to 960 ports made by Quintum, Cisco and QiiQ
- GSM gateways for analog as well as for digital lines E1/PRI - for direct access from VoIP gateways to GSM handsets bypassing the local PSTN to avoid paying the tariffs imposed by the fixed line operator
- VDSL CO (Central Office) and CPE (Customer Premises Equipment) units for providing private broadband network in MTU (Multiple Tenant Unit) or campus installation
- Fixed Wireless for campus installation
- Satellite ground station equipment for providing satellite-based bandwidth for access to the Internet
Internet Access Infrastructure Requirement
in the case of owners/operators with VoIP Gateways or IP Phones
Ideally the owners/operators should have access to Internet via Broadband Network such as ADSL or Cable Network or T1/E1/PRI or satellite service for access to Internet service provider.
For small capacity operation in countries where broadband service is difficult to come by, the service provider or his clients can make use of single-port VoIP gateway with built-in 56K modem (QiiQ's Q-1FXS+56K) or an IP Phone with built-in 56K modem for dialing up to the local ISP for Internet access.
Where such facility is not available, Internet access can be obtained by infrastructure build-out based on
(a) Fixed Wireless installation such as 2.4 GHz, 5.8 GHz solution in the license-free ISM Band or 3.5 GHz solution the licensed 3.5 GHz Band or
(b) Satellite Ground Equipment support by Satellite and Teleport services for satellite transport and Internet access or
(c) a combination of (a) and (b) with system integration based on QiiQ's server.
VoIP gateways and IP Phones required for accessing the service platform based on Q-ITSP-Solution
Please refer to the network diagram below that depicts the various kinds of endpoint devices that can be used for accessing the service platform based on Q-ITSP-Solution for making VoIP calls either in a postpaid operation or prepaid calling card operation.
VoIP gateways, IP Phones or Softphone to suit every user situation:
(a) For large capacity operation use large VoIP gateways/switches such as
Tenor CMS 480, CMS 960 Tenor DX2024, DX2030, DX4048, DX4060, DX6120, and DX8120 Optional GSM gateway: GoldenGate Multi-Cell PRI-GSM Gateway Cisco Universal Gateways AS5350, AS5400 and AS5850 and a GateKeeper
(b) For medium capacity operation use VoIP gateways/switches such as
Tenor DX2024, DX2030 Tenor Analog AXT1600/2400, AXG1600/2400, AXE1600/2400, AXM1600/2400 Optional GSM gateway: GoldenGate Multi-Cell PRI-GSM Gateway
(c) For small capacity operation use VoIP gateways/switches such as
Tenor Analog AXT800, AXG800, AXE800, AXM800 VoIP!Edge Q-4FXS VoIP!Edge Q-2FXS-2FXO VoIP!Phone Q-FONE-XUV
(d) For small capacity installation with only dial-up access to the Internet Service Provider use
VoIP!Edge Q-1FXS+56K VoIP!Phone Q-FONE-XUV Ecofone
Equipping the VoIP Gateway/Switch with GSM Gateways
In many countries, the per minute rate for calling from one GSM handset to another GSM handset is significantly lower than the per minute rate for calling from one GSM handset to a fixed line telephone. In such cases, it is advisable to include an analog GSM gateway for use with an analog VoIP gateway/switch and a digital GSM gateway for use with a digital VoIP gateway/switch as depicted in the network diagram below.
Each channel of the GSM gateways has to be equipped with one or more SIM cards supplied by a local GSM operator so as to be able to receive an incoming call originating from the service subscriber/caller and to forward the call to the VoIP gateway/switch to go through the prepaid calling card operation as described above.
The single-channel analog GSM gateway, GoldenGate GSM-SMS FCT, can be equipped with one SIM card; whereas the GoldenGate Multi-Cell PRI-GSM Gateway digital GSM gateway can be equipped with up to 4 SIM cards per channel.
The multiple SIM cards feature is important in markets where there are up to 4 GSM operators providing GSM services. A common practice of a GSM operator is to offer special rate concession to its subscribers for calling Mobile Numbers that are within the same network of the GSM operator in various forms such as (a) one flat rate for calling any Mobile Number within the GSM network or (b) special discounted rates for calling Mobile Numbers that are within the GSM network.
As an ITSP, you would want to be able to select the appropriate SIM card in the GoldenGate Multi-Cell PRI-GSM Gateway gateway to use to call a certain Mobile Number that is the Destination Number for call termination of an incoming IP call so as to take advantage of the concessionary rates. This can amount to very substantial savings.
ITSP and GSM Network